COVID-19 response: What’s open, closed, canceled, postponed, adjusted
Staff Reports, Pacific Daily News USA TODAY NetworkPublished 10:00 p.m. ChT March 15, 2020 | Updated 1:51 p.m. ChT March 28, 2020AD0:10
Visitors seeking assistance at the Guam Memorial Hospital’s emergency room on March 13, 2020, are pre-screened by hospital security officer Ricky San Nicolas. The screening has been implemented due to coronavirus concerns. Pacific Daily News
The government and the community are responding to COVID-19. Check the list to see the status of services and meetings.
- Guam Department of Education classes have been canceled.
- Catholic Schools have been canceled until further notice.
- All in-person classes at the University of Guam have been canceled for the rest of the semester.
- Guam Community College is closed.
- St. John’s School classes have been canceled.
- St. Paul Christian School has been canceled.
- Guam Adventist Academy has been canceled.
- Harvest Christian Academy is continuing classes in an online format for K3 to 12th grade students beginning Friday, March 27.
- Temple Baptist Christian School – closed until further notice
- SIFA Learning Academy – closed until further notice
- Guahan Academy Charter School – closed until further notice
- iLearn Academy Charter School – closed until further notice
Hospitals, clinics, eye, dentistry and veterinary care
- Guam Memorial Hospital: One visitor per patient is allowed. The emergency department is limited to patients and staff only, unless the patient requires a guardian. Temperature screening of visitors is being conducted.
- Guam Regional Medical City: Visitation is suspended.
- The U.S. Renal Care Dialysis Centers remain open until further notice.
- FHP medical/urgent care department hours of operation will be 7 a.m. to 7 pm. Dental and Vision departments will be temporarily suspending routine visits and will have on-call provider and staff to attend to urgent issues
- TakeCare offices in Tamuning at the Baltej Pavilion, Philippines and Saipan, will be closed until further notice.
- NetCare Life and Health Insurance Company Customer Service Center located at the Julale Center remains closed until further notice. Customers and providers requiring assistance such as eligibility verification, enrollment status, billing, off-island referrals may call 472-3610.
- Guam Medical Care LLC will remain open. Operating hours are adjusted. All patients will require screening and temperature checks before entering the facility. Call 647-4174 for further instructions.
- SDA clinic: Patients with symptoms, such as cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing, etc., will be redirected to an outdoor screening/treatment area, where they will be evaluated and treated in their vehicles. In addition, elective surgical cases have been postponed and elective dental procedures have been postponed. Routine eye appointments are suspended from March 20 until further notice. Only urgent eye care will be accepted.
- Harmon Loop Dental: Closed through through April 12. Expect to resume clinic hours on April 13. For emergencies contact 637-9696 or 637-0023.
- ExpressCare Hagatna and Micronesia Mall locations are open from 9 to 5 p.m. Limiting patients, not seeing patients with cough or fever. Call before coming in.
- Wise Owl Animal Hospital: Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for medical cases only. All elective surgeries are canceled. All puppies are encouraged to continue their vaccines. All annual vaccinations are postponed. Most cases accepted in a drop-off basis from your car.
- SuperDrug pharmacies remain open.
- Post Office: Regular hours, all branches
- Department of Corrections: No visitation.
- The Department of Youth Affairs: Maintains essential operations. Visitation for juveniles in custody will continue but are limited to phone calls and mail only until further notice. Parents/guardians can call 735-5022 and will be connected to the appropriate dormitory.
- District Court of Guam: Closed to the public. The U.S. Pretrial and Probation Office will be closed if you need assistance call 969-4600
- Libraries: Closed.
- The Mayor’s Council of Guam has suspended all village-sponsored events and activities until further notice.
- All senior centers are closed.
- Guam Regional Transit Authority: Both Paratransit and fixed route services continue normal operations at this time.
- Guam Solid Waste Authority: Trash pick-up will operate normally as scheduled with the exception of recycling, which will not be picked up. Transfer stations are closed.
- Mayors’ offices remain open.
- Guam Judicial Center in Hagåtña and Northern Court Satellite in Dededo, offices of Probation Services Division and Judicial Education Center are closed to the public. The court will hear some matters through video conference or telephonic appearance. All other Supreme Court and Superior Court matters are postponed.
- All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service.
- The Notary Examination scheduled for Monday, March 30, 2020, will be postponed until further notice. For questions or concerns please email Pauline Untalan at email@example.com.
- The Department of Revenue and Taxation will remain closed.
- The Guam Hotel and Restaurant Association: Office will be closed for the next 14 days. All GHRA meetings are canceled until further notice.
- Guam Museum and the CHamoru Village: Closed for the next 14 days. CHamoru Village merchants and Wednesday night vendors are not to operate for the next 14 days.
- Narcotics Anonymous: Meetings on Guam have been postponed until further notice. Online meetings are still being held.
- The Guam Procurement Technical Assistance Center workshops for March are canceled.
- Andrea R. Ilao Foundation’s Swing for ReliefGolf Tournament scheduled for March 28 has been canceled.
- The Guam Running Club canceled all upcoming races, including the GRC Marathon, GRC Perimeter Relay, and community hosted races 5K or 2K.
- The John F. Kennedy High School reunion events are canceled. The mixer on March 27, the 5K on March 28 and the dinner gala on March 28 are canceled.
- University of Guam has canceled all sports.
- War in the Pacific National Park visitor center is closed.
- Guam National Wildlife Refuge–Ritidian Beach Unit closed effective March 25 until further notice.
Utilities and telecom
- Guam Power Authority and Guam Waterworks customer lobbies at are closed for in-person transactions. Customer service representatives will be available by phone to respond to service inquires. Pay-by-phone services will be available from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m. for GPA at (671) 647-5787 and for 24 hours a day for GWA at 647-4729. Customers can email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Disconnections for power and water are suspended through March 31. GPA and GWA customers, particularly those unable to use the utility’s online payment options, can conveniently make cash, check and credit card payments at the GWA Upper Tumon Customer Service Center drive-thru window. This service will be available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- IT&E: The company is removing data caps for all its Guam postpaid subscribers until March 31 and is pushing back bill due dates. Bill payment deadline has been pushed back from the 15th of the month. Subscribers can now pay their monthly bill anytime during the month and no late fees or suspensions will be applied. Stores remain open with strict sanitization and hand-washing procedures in place. Associates are available to help via phone at 922-4483. Phone purchases and bill payments can be made online at www.ite.net.
- GTA: For the next 60 days, from March 17, there will be no termination of service to any residential or business customers from their inability to pay their bills, and late fees will be waived. Same day repair and next day install should any network events impact services at home and work. Stores and call center will remain open with some schedule adjustments.
- Docomo Pacific: Customers with postpaid mobile plans in Guam or the CNMI have endless mobile data for the next 30 days from March 17. The company has paused all disconnects due to non-payment and will be waiving all late fees during the same 30-day period. Headquarters retail location in Tamuning is closed until further notice. All other retail locations remain open.
STAY INFORMEDCoronavirus coverageGovernor: We’re not out of the woods, surge of COVID-19 cases expected‘Help is on the way’: What the COVID-19 stimulus package means to Guam residentsA week into COVID-19 quarantine: ‘We don’t really know what’s happening’Coronavirus map shows COVID-19 cases in Guam and beyondGovernor extends emergency, closes beaches and parks
- Pacific Daily News: Our Harmon lobby is closed, and we ask our customers to use our Hagåtña lobby for transactions. Please call 472-1PDN, 479-0219, 479-0294 or 479-0295 for assistance. We are encouraging our customers to either call prior to going to our Hagåtña location or to make their payments on guampdn.com. If you need assistance in doing that, please call.
- Pay-Less Markets: Adjusted hours are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Elderly have a designated shopping time from 5 to 6 a.m.. at the Dededo, Maite and Sumay Pay-Less stores.
- Coast360: Tamuning and Dededo member centers will be closed and services will be centralized to only Maite Member Center through drive-up tellers, appointment-only lobby services and Contact Center.
- Bank of Guam: Hagåtña branch will remain open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, only. All other Guam branches remain closed.
- BankPacific will be temporarily reducing its office hours to 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The bank will also be temporarily closed on Saturdays.
- Personal Finance Center: PFC Tamuning Center operating hours are from 9:30 am to 1:30pm. Drive-thru and appointment only service will be available. Please call 647-6820 for more information. Dededo Center remains closed at this time, until further notice. Insurance services by phone 647-6803, and email only at email@example.com
- Philippine National Bank: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Sunday.
- Community First: Face-to-face lobby services at all member service centers will be closed until further notice. Tamuning Member Service Center will have drive-thru operations and Hagåtña Member Service Center drive-thru operations will be closed until further notice.
- Benson’s: Store hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- The Department of Defense Education Activity Guam schools are closed
- USO Tumon Bay and USO Andersen Centers have suspended operations.
- U.S. Naval Hospital Guam implemented temporary visitor restrictions. Visiting in all patient care areas throughout hospital is prohibited. Patients who are minors in emergency department or clinic require one guardian. One visitor per laboring mother. One parent, guardian or caretaker for a child admitted under 12 years old. Visiting deceased patients is limited to one hour and only two identified people.
- Beginning March 28, the hours of operations for the AAFES Gas Express and Shoppette, located at the Guam National Guard’s Readiness Center in Barrigada, will change to: 8 a.m.. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays and 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays.
To add your business or community announcement to the list, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#Outreach: That the world may know
#Prayer Focus: Pray for Our Prodigals
#Praise the Lord
Featured book: https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Service-3-Bruce-Dinsman-ebook