12 more on Guam test positive for coronavirus
Coronavirus (Photo: Getty Images)
Twelve more people have tested positive for coronavirus.
The Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services tested 35 individuals for COVID-19 and 12 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 while 23 tested negative for SARS-CoV-2.
A total of 153 tests were performed March 12-22. To date, a total of 27 cases tested positive and 126 cases tested negative for COVID-19, according to a news release from the Joint Information Cwnter.
All 26 confirmed cases are in isolation.
The government of Guam is aggressively implementing its COVID-19 response to identify and contain transmission of COVID-19 in Guam and continues to evaluate the situation to enhance response efforts.
As part of the response, Public Health officials may be calling residents from a local landline or mobile phone number to obtain further information. This is not a scam. Public Health doesn’t ask for any financial details during the call.
Guam COVID-19 positive cases consist of imported cases among international travelers and cases among close contacts of a known case. Community transmission is occurring, the release stated.
Person-to-person spread is thought to happen among people in close contact (about 6 feet) with each other through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to how influenza and other respiratory pathogens spread.
The government advises:
- Stay home. Consider ways of getting food brought to your house through family, social, or commercial networks.
- Stock up on supplies.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
It’s important to note the situation can change quickly. The community is reminded to only share official notices and visit the following links for the most up-to-date information:
- CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Public Health website: http://dphss.guam.gov/2019-novel-coronavirus-2019-n-cov/
- GHS/OCD website: https://ghs.guam.gov/coronavirus-covid-19
#Outreach: That the world may know
#Prayer Focus: Pray for Our Prodigals
#Praise the Lord
Please follow my blogs Guam Christian Blog
Bruce’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bruce.dinsman
Featured book: https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Service-3-Bruce-Dinsman-ebook