Coronavirus update: 4 new cases on Guam
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released laboratory test kits for the 2019 novel coronavirus or COVID-19. The kit is shown in this CDC photo. (Photo: Courtesy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
There are an additional four cases of coronavirus on Guam.
The Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services tested 16 individuals for COVID-19 on Thursday and four tested positive, according to a news release from the Joint Information Center.
To date there now are 12 people who have tested positive; 69 people have tested negative for COVID-19.
Of the four new cases, one had travel history, while the others had no travel history.
Public Health continues contact tracing for the 12 positive COVID-19 cases, which includes identifying close contacts of the individuals, such as family members and co-workers, who will be quarantined and actively monitored for 14 days after their last contact with the case.
GovGuam has instituted COVID-19 mandatory quarantine protocol measures for all incoming travelers without health credentials.
Gov. Lou Leon Guerrero signed Executive Order 2020-05 which further prohibits large gatherings and mandatory social isolation, effective noon Friday.
Person-to-person spread is thought to happen among people in close contact (about 6 feet) with each other through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, similar to how influenza and other respiratory pathogens spread.
The government advises:
- Stay home. Consider ways of getting food brought to your house through family, social, or commercial networks.
- Stock up on supplies.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
It’s important to note the situation can change quickly. The community is reminded to only share official notices and visit the following links for the most up-to-date information:
- CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Public Health website: http://dphss.guam.gov/2019-novel-coronavirus-2019-n-cov/
- GHS/OCD website: https://ghs.guam.gov/coronavirus-covid-19
#Outreach: That the world may know
#Prayer Focus: Pray for Our Prodigals
#Praise the Lord
Please follow my blogs Guam Christian Blog
Bruce’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bruce.dinsman
Featured book: https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Service-3-Bruce-Dinsman-ebook